Hybrio - Hybrid Laser Welding
Lighting the way
- ESABs Hybrio™ hybrid laser welding technology combines the deep weld penetration and low heat input associated with laser welding with the excellent weld properties and superior gap tolerance of gas metal arc welding (GMAW).
- A radically new welding alternative, it produces extremely narrow and deep welds at very high travel speeds. In a single pass, the Hybrio™ process can often achieve what might require multiple weld passes using a conventional fusion welding process.
- Heat input to the part is reduced, as is the associated weld shrinkage and distortion that can make postwelding geometry unpredictable - and costly to repair.
- Using gas metal arc welding (GMAW) in combination with a laser, the Hybrio™ process overcomes the limitations of laser-only welding with its ability to produce quality welds in joints with less-than-perfect fitup between parts. This enables a widened, more robust process envelope by a factor of three compared to a conventional laser-only process.
- GMAW also allows users to add filler metal to adjust the welds metallurgical properties and create beads and fillets, while the slower cooling rate reduces hardness. These features are especially beneficial when joining high performance carbon and stainless steels.
- ESABs exclusive adaptive closed-loop control system detects joint fit-up conditions and changes the process parameters in real-time to achieve a constant weld profile. This broadens the process window by a further 5 times over non-adaptive control.
The Hybrio™ Advantage:
- Operating costs reduced by 50-80%.
- Productivity improved by 300-1000%.
- Heat input and distortion reduced by 80-90%.
- Reduced weld repair rates.
- Reduced labour content through fully automated operation.
- Reduced operator skill requirement due to simple, PC-machine controller.
- Lower downstream assembly, welding and finishing costs, through reduced part distortion.
- Higher overall plant throughput and revenue generation.
- Feasibility of new, lighter, stiffer and simpler product design and construction methods.
- Full backing and support of ESABs process experts and service professionals, with extended warranty and service agreements.
Interested in this product? Contact us.
ESAB Welding & Cutting Products
2800 Airport Road
Denton, TX 76207
Customer Care: 1-800-426-1888
801 Wilson Avenue
Hanover, PA 17331
420 National Business Parkway
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701